On Friday, March 20th, Dr. Amy Acton, the Director of the Ohio Department of Health, ordered massage therapists to stop providing their services in spa, massage, and home settings. This order will remain in effect until the end of the State of Emergency, or until the Director of Health modifies it. This order does not apply to chiropractic services and Dr. Michael will remain working at this time.
The safety of our patients is of the utmost importance and we are instituting new policies on top of the ones we instituted last week.
- Before coming in, check your temperature. Please call us to cancel if it is above 99.6 F.
- Please wash your hands immediately upon entering the practice. We have a sink at the back corner of the office in the kitchen. Please do this before going to the restrooms.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please call from the parking lot. Lydia will let you know when it is clear to come in, in order to maximize social distancing.
- If someone drives you to the appointment, if it is appropriate, have them wait in the car rather than in the reception area. (This does not apply to minors and caregivers who will be in the room with the patient).
- We now have Lydia (or I if she is busy) ask you to rate your symptoms verbally to limit contact with the clipboards.
- If you are adjusted, consider resting in your car instead of in the resting area. (Resting tables now have pillows with vinyl coverings and vinyl knee bolsters).
- If you need supplements: We can ship them to you. Free shipping on all orders. If you need something in a hurry, you can upgrade to priority shipping for $2.99. Orders that are more than $100 or 1 pound will be shipped by priority mail at no extra charge. You can also pay ahead of time and we can walk them out to you in your car.
- If you are sick, Dr. Michael will be available for phone consultations.
Policies that we are instituting for ourselves to protect your safety:
- We are taking our temperature each morning before patient care to make sure that it is not elevated.
- We are monitoring our health and reporting any symptoms as recommended by the Department of Health.
- We are disinfecting with a bleach spray or alcohol spray according to the Center for Disease Control guidelines.
- We are disinfecting all tables, pillows (we now are using vinyl coverings), chairs, counters, door handles, and treatment equipment after each patient.
- We are disinfecting all restroom surfaces, including sink handles, toilet seats, door handles, and flush mechanism several times a day.
- We are spacing client appointments out to allow us to clean after each patient as well as to better enable social distancing.
Your health is important to us. Together we can make it through these trying times.
If you haven’t already, check out What can we do to protect ourselves? A preventative and natural approach from last week’s update.