Recently, the Department of Homeland Security specifically included chiropractic in their guidance on essential and critical workforce. This is the same position that the Ohio State Chiropractic Association has been telling its members. Not all chiropractors are staying open though. I know several that have closed during this crisis because they are at risk or have a loved one at home who is at risk.
While not all visits to see me are essential, some are. I’ve decided to stay open for those visits. At the same time, we are adding new safety measures to protect ourselves and our patients.
One client said to Lydia today that we are doing better than the stores.
Before you come, please take your temperature. Please cancel if it is above 99.6. Also, let us know if you are having any other cough/flu symptoms before coming in. We are not enforcing our 24-hour cancellation policy, but please call
We are restricting the number of people in the office.
- For the most part, we are restricting patients from entering the office until the previous patient leaves. If you are older or immunocompromised, please let us know and we will make sure to accommodate you.
- If we are unable to do this, we are restricting patients to separate rooms/areas of the office.
- The maximum amount of people that we are allowing besides Lydia and I are three. This includes patients, parent or assistant of a patient, and mail or delivery personnel. Again, each group should be in separate rooms.
- In order for this to work, please call from your car when you get here or ring the doorbell before entering.
We are sanitizing all surfaces, tables, chairs, equipment, pillows, bolsters, and door handles between each patient. We are sanitizing with either a Clorox solution (that is slightly more concentrated than what the CDC is recommending) or with isopropyl alcohol. If you need to use the restroom, let us know and we will sanitize all door handles, faucets, toilets, and doors before you go.
When you arrive
- Call to make sure that we are ready for you.
- Upon entering the practice, proceed immediately to the sink to wash your hands.
- Wash your hands before putting shoes on
- Wash your hands before going to the restroom
- Wash your hands before paying (some like to pay before the appointment).
- After washing your hands, please put a mask on.
- After putting the mask on, please wash your hands.
- At this point, you may use the restroom, pay, put shoes on, or head into the treatment room.
Before your appointment and after your appointment, please practice social distancing (6ft). When paying, please do so behind the sneeze guard.
During your visit, please refrain from touching your phone. If you need to, please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after touching it. We also have an alcohol spray by the masks in the kitchen if you would like to sterilize your phone.
If you need supplements we can ship them to you. Free shipping on all orders. If you need something in a hurry, you can upgrade to priority shipping for $2.99. Orders that are more than $100 or 1 pound will be shipped by priority mail at no extra charge. You can also pay ahead of time and we can walk them out to you in your car.
Finally, you can contact me via email at https://spinalalignment.com/contact/. I am also available for phone consultations for nutrition or movement/exercise recommendations. The fee will be $40 for 20 minutes.
Stay smart, stay safe, take your Vitamin D. Call us if you need anything.